A special 10 day Thangka Painting Retreat!
Thangka Painting Retreat in Italy
In this wonderful summer course in Italy -the subject will be announced later this year- you will learn to draw and color or paint a Buddha according to the Tibetan-Buddhist thangka tradition.
The course is suitable for everyone, from beginners (even without any drawing experience) to advanced. Advanced thangka students may choose to finish their other artwork during this course (and will of course receive these new grids as well).
Advantages of a long thangka retreat:
- In this 10-day painting course you can really go in-depth
- Including all nights and delicious Italian meals, with organic vegetables from own compound, freshly prepared every day with love
- Meet students from different countries and make new friends
- The course is set in Kushi Ling, the most beautiful Buddhist Centre of Italy, amidst the mountains and olive trees
- You can fly cheaply to Verona or Milan
- You can travel together with Carmen from Verona, Peschiera or Riva del Garda on the first day
- Great possibility to combine this retreat with vacation in Italy (e.g. to Lake Garda and Verona that are nearby)
You really don’t need any drawing or painting experience.
Carmen offers a lot of individual guidance, at your own level.
Halfway during the retreat there will be an afternoon off so you can taste the best ice cream in the nearest village of Arco, visit the Garda lake, hike in the mountains or have a great walk to ‘Castello’, the medieval castle on top of the hill overlooking Arco.
English and Italian
The teachings are given in English, and when needed can be translated in Italian by one of the advanced Italian students.
Want to travel together with other participants?
In the morning on the first day of the retreat, Carmen and some other students will travel together to Kushi Ling by taking the beautiful boat trip (around 9.45 AM) from Peschiera (not far from Verona) to Riva del Garda, where we will have lunch together and share a 20min. taxi ride to Kushi Ling.
If you want to join in Verona / Peschiera / Riva del Garda please contact Carmen about it.
More Info & Registration