The 3 Buddhas of Long Life
White Tara, Amitayus and Ushnisha Vijaya
Annual drawing and painting retreat in Northern Italy, close to beautiful Verona and the Garda Lake
In this long painting course, you will learn how to draw or paint one or more Longevity Buddhas according to the tradition of the Tibetan Buddhist Thangka (scroll paintings): White Tara, Amitayus and Ushnisha Vijaya (Tib.: Namgyelma).
An international group of people comes together for this special thangka painting retreat, where you really can go in-depth. the course includes starting with a meditation in the morning and lectures & slides about the iconography and symbolism in Tibetan Buddhism. You will also have time to fully enjoy the beautiful surroundings of this place and their delicious Italian cuisine (vegetarian). The vegetables are produced organically on the compound.
You don’t need any drawing or painting experience.
The teachings are given in English, when there are a lot of Italians they will be translated in Italian.
According to your wishes you can choose to draw one or more Buddha’s (and color them with color pencils) or draw and paint one Buddha and learn how to work with the special thangka painting techniques.
You can also use this retreat to finish the drawings and paintings that you created in previous classes.
If you are unable to come for the full course, you can also join half the course.
- In this 9-day painting course you can really go in-depth
- Including all nights and delicious Italian meals, with organic vegetables from own compound, freshly prepared every day with love
- Meet students from all over the World
- In Kushi Ling, the most beautiful Buddhist Centre of Italy, amidst the mountains and olive trees
- You can fly cheap to Verona or Milan
- Great possibility to combine this retreat with vacation in Italy (e.g. to Lake Garda and Verona that are nearby)
Want to travel together with other participants?
From Amsterdam a few people travel with Transavia to Verona in the early morning, you are welcome to join.
It’s also possible to meet up in Verona (for people that come from Milan for ex.), to travel the last part to Kushi Ling together (with public transport/taxi). If you want to join please contact Carmen about it.
More Info & Registration
See you in Italy!